Fondation Segré is committed to help protect the biodiversity of our planet through the active conservation of threatened species and their habitat and the restoration of degraded ecosystems.
Our strategic priorities
Fondation Segré will pursue its mission through the following strategic priorities:
- Favour the long term viability of wild populations and control factors affecting their decline.
- Support all efforts to maintain, restore and protect critical habitats and functional ecosystems.
- Support captive breeding of endangered species and their reintroduction into the wild.
- Foster the sustainable use of renewable natural resources, notably forests, water, rangelands.
- Improve the efficacy and implementation of national and international legislation on biodiversity conservation, taking into account stakeholders.
- Support educational activities, in particular specialized training of technical staff.
- Cooperate with the relevant regulatory and enforcement institutions to prevent and mitigate the impact of illegal hunting and trading of wildlife.